For business enquiries or commissions feel free to get inside my profile and send me an email.

1/31/10

Character - Visual Development II

However, I wasn't pleased with those results, because didn't have platicity, beauty and charming in those characters when I put them in animation poses. So, I've made so many studies for the two persons, but now, I was started doing drawings from basic shapes, because they are better watched for the audience in the screen. And, as Alfred Hitchcock said to François Truffault: "We have to "draw" our movies as Shakespeare thought his plays: to the audience!"

As I said, Sancho came out easier tahn Quijote, and his shape was decided. That thin guy gave me a lots of drawings to find his silhouette. On the other hand, thinking about animal shapes, as the old european fisiognomonie studies was so interesting for the development. That assured success for the better result in that case. But not only. All the form is plastic and can be applied in animation with all its principles, besides the Art Babbit's successive breaking of joints.
Sure! I put a little mouse in that composition, as a conflict point in the scene. Remember: all the Disney animation has begun with a mouse (after the Oswald, but it's another History, hehe)
That's the better Don Quijote de La Mancha, who truly has a squash and stretch in his limbs, and can have the successive breaking of joints, like the Dick Williams' Pink Panther in the Blake Edwards' The Return of the Pink Panther.
And Sancho, that's already borned with a moody face, differently of the Cervantes' book. Yes! I really liked those ones. But... Is that all, folks? Of course, not...

4 comments:

Liara said...

Os personagens estão evoluindo muito bem!!!

David Mussel said...

ÊÊÊ! Brigadão, Li!!!!
mas eles ainda vão ganhar vida,hehehe...

Tex said...

ah que coisa fofa esse rato! dorei

David Mussel said...

Pois, é, Ritinha! tb gostei paca, por isso fiz questão de colocar o making of